Senior IT Engineer
Who We Are
A 24/7 real-time drilling data solutions company.
To provide a unique drilling data value discovery experience
The senior systems & application administrator functions as the resident expert to handle any IT related activities including the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance and support of servers, networks and related equipment.
- Manage mission critical IT infrastructure which provides service to customers on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Provide maintenance and routine support to existing systems, including patching and system updates.
- Plan and implement new systems as required by the business
- Communicate status and create procedures with regards to incidents, changes, problems, requests and status of IT systems
- Create and document technical processes and procedures for IT systems
- Ensure security on IT systems is in accordance with company policies and best industry practices
- Create and operate redundancy / backup plans and ensure all systems are adequately backed up / fault tolerant as required by the business.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish. Advanced English a must
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise IT support or related field
- Associated degree in IT or related field preferred
- Analytical thinking
- Effective interpersonal communication, especially for communicating plans and status of IT systems to all stakeholders.
- Fault finding and analysis skills to quickly determine cause of systems failures, and determine best route to restore service
- Strong understanding of the impact of IT changes and fault on the business / clients, and able to work with operations to resolve whilst maintaining least impact to the customer.
- Experience in a multi-site, mission critical environment and understanding of the requirements for an ‘always on’ 24*7*365 system
- Advanced technical / professional knowledge and skills in the following areas (not exhaustive)
- Server installation and configuration (Dell Ideally)
- Raid array and NAS systems
- Networking, TCP/IP across datacenter, local and wide area networks, including wireless links, and unreliable networks
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows server OS
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS)
- Virtualization, especially VMWare ESXi
- Database administration on one or more of the following:
- MySQL / Maria DB
- Or similar relation database
- Windows 10 and other Microsoft products used in an office environment.
- Experience with cloud systems is a bonus (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- The position will be based full time in our Villahermosa, Mexico facility
- Travel may be required, specially to Ciudad del Carmen. Travel time is expected to be 10 – 20%
- This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Additional hours, including evenings or weekends may be required based on engineering or project needs
- This position can be required to participate in the company random or customer specific drug and alcohol screening and background check
Recommended but Not Required
- Experience in tech and oil & gas